Singapore Eats: Tai Lei Loi Kei Macau Pork Chop, Vivo City

Last night was brutal. Thanks to the earl grey lavender tea that I drank at lunch time and the cafe mocha that I drank at tea time, I was widely awake. Oh my gawd. Since I was so bored and there was no one to talk to at night except, I was busy doing my inner monologue and decided to look for good travel dates in early 2017. Wanderlust stays strong in the wee hour. LOL.

Anyway, back to the main topic of the day (sorry, long intro). I am so happy now that one of my BFF is working at Harbourfront, I am so willing to travel 4 MRT stops (with an interchange in the middle) to Harbourfront to have a precious lunch moment with her. Since our lunch time is limited, so far we have only explored the restaurants at basement level of Vivo City. We have tried Mak's Noodle earlier so now, we were just moving one stop further to the next-door stall, Tai Lei Loi Kei Macau Pork Chop. Oh gosh, I seriously dunno how to mention this name without risking biting my tongue accidentally. The price of the noodles range from SGD 8 - SGD 10 ish.


Singapore Eats: Tai Lei Loi Kei Macau Pork Chop, Vivo City

In a glance, the menu looks pretty similar to Central HK cafe which is only located a few restaurants away from Tai Lei Loi Kei. The waiter/ waitress will give you the menu after he/ she has assigned you a table. But you will have to do your own ordering/ settle your payment over the counter by yourself. You will then be given an ordering tag to display on your table. 

Tai Lei Koi Kei Macau Pork Chop Vivo City

I know that the restaurant already displays the words "Macau Pork Chop" but I did not feel like eating pork chop that day and since bff has ordered pork chop, I figured I could just take a piece from her pork chop. Hence, I proceeded to order another type of noodle, fishball noodle. It seems that all the noodle choice came with an egg, which I don't mind because egg is one of my food bae. Yes, I am in deeper relationship with food instead of human. The noodle's texture is pretty good, quite chewy and QQ but I personally think that Tai Lei Loi Kei pour too much sauces into the noodles. And hence, enhanced the degree of saltiness of the noodle. Oh gosh, can't believe I, the unhealthy queen, talk about degree of saltiness.

Macau Egg Noodles from Tai Lei Loi Kei Vivo City

The fishballs come with the soup (initially I thought the whole thing is a soup noodle, though). There is no meat fillings or anything inside the fishballs (since bff asked me about it I figure I just explain). Just a normal fishball, like the one they served at Kopitiam. 

Fishball from Tai Lei Koi Kei Macau Pork Chop

BFF's pork chop noodle. Pork chop is quite good but BFF, having a pretty high standard on any food in Singapore, has deemed today to be the last day we ever lunch here. Seems like BFF is not thinking about getting into relationship with Tai Lei Loi Kei. In the pork chop's defence, I think the pork chop noodle is quite okay, it's just the too-much-sauce situation again! #cantmoveon

Pork chop egg noodle from Tai Lei Loi Kei Macau Pork Chop Vivo City

Tai Lei Loi Kei's address: 

1 Harbourfront Walk, #B2-26A
Vivo City

Opening hours:

10AM - 10PM Daily

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment