Singapore Eats: High Tea Buffet at Carousel, Royal Plaza on Scotts

 I still remember the first time my friend brought me to Carousel, the restaurant situated at Royal Plaza on Scotts at Orchard. My friend used to work for an event company and since she helped out with the event here, she's entitled for lunch here and it happened that one person could not make it that day and voila, there came me #opportunist. Since then, I have not been to Carousel again but I kinda missed their food. So for my another friend's birthday celebration, we decided to try out high tea buffet at Carousel.

Singapore Eats: High Tea Buffet at Carousel, Royal Plaza on Scotts

Never thought Carousel has always decorated their place with balloon before, which turns out to be quite nice since the staff suddenly came and sing for everyone who celebrate birthday at high tea event. Huh, I did not know you can actually inform the staff in advance to give them the name of the people who celebrate birthday. Sorry, my friend. If I'd have known that, I would have included your name in this sweet and yet kinda embarrassing moment. Hahaha.

A ceiling filled with balloon at Carousel

Anyway, how do the food served at the high tea buffet at Carousel fare? For once, the variety of the dishes served at Carousel for their high tea buffet is pretty wide. As usual, I start with the sashimi bar as I think it is wise to start off the meal with lighter bites. And I freaking love salmon sashimi plus fresh prawns. The duck salami salad taste pretty good too. 

Sashimi and cold platter from high tea at Carousel

The next set of dishes that I would like to tackle is a set of local fares such as chili crab manitou, sausage popiah, a slice of cheese Prata and a spoonful of char kway teow. 

Hot local dishes from high tea buffet at Carousel

I am actually surprised that there is a wide range of Asian cuisines served at high tea buffet at Carousel. I went to other hotel's high tea buffet before but I think Carousel has the most varieties of Asian savoury dishes. It does not have a lot of scones though, if you happen to be a fan of one. 

Bits and pieces of high tea buffet at Carousel

Once we are done with the savoury, let's jump straight to the cakes. Yummy. Surprisingly, Carousel has only one small section assigned to cakes. O

Chocolate cakes from high tea buffet at Carousel

Cute cakes are available too. But they don't taste as nice as the chocolate ones above. 

Small cakes from high tea buffet at Carousel

The butter sponge cakes taste not bad. 

Sponge cakes from high tea buffet at Carousel

However, the most popular items from the dessert corner is gotta be the eclairs as I could only snatched up two kind of eclairs on my first visit to the dessert corner. Hahaha. 

A variety of eclairs from Carousel at Royal Plaza on Scotts

Carousel is located at: 

25 Scotts Road, Lobby Level
Royal Plaza on Scotts

Nearest MRT: Orchard Road

High Tea timing:

Daily 3.30PM - 5.30PM 

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment