Singapore Eats: Hai Di Lao Hot Pot, Clarke Quay

"I'd rather be a comma than a full stop."

But sometimes life throws me a lot of question marks instead.

Hello again, Monday and oh boy, isn't Monday so beautiful up to the point I could not go back home on the dot. Again. It becomes pretty normal up to the point I kinda gotten used to it but oh well, I should be grateful that I have a job to pay for the bills. And to pay for the hefty price tag of having steamboat at Hai Di Lao Hot Pot. Hahaha.

Hai Di Lao Hot Pot has received a lot of good review from my peers and not just because of the food. Hai Di Lao provides additional perks which you will not be able to enjoy at other steamboat places such as free popcorn, free manicure/ pedicure, noodle cutting performance and birthday service (a group of people performing a choir and sing to the birthday boy/ girl). Thanks to all of these good review, the queue to eat at Hai Di Lao Hot Pot is as long as the dragon's tail. Hai Di Lao outlet at Clarke Quay offers reservation though.

Singapore Eats: Hai Di Lao Hot Pot, Clarke Quay

Since there were 10 of us, we ordered 3 soup base to go with: Ma La, Mushroom and Chicken. There's only one slot allocated to the spiciest soup base, Ma La, mainly because only 3 people out of 10 eat spicy stuff including myself. I find the Ma La soup base is the best despite the numbing sensation that you will feel in your mouth once you have accidentally bit the Ma La seeds. The Ma La soup base is kinda oily though and hence, if you prefer your soup base to be drinkable, please go for the mushroom or chicken broth. Hai Di Lao sells packaged soup base at Fairprice I heard but I never bother to check since I will not have hot pot in my rented room. 

Soup Base at Hai Di Lao Hot Pot

I could remember that we ordered all interesting stuff offered in the menu but the most memorable items that stuck in my brain is the fancy and colorful handmade pastes. I don't know what does Hai Di Lao put inside the pastes but they taste so good after cooked inside any of the soup base. 

Meat selection at Hai Di Lao Hot Pot

This is the situation of our steamboat even before the meat put inside the hot pot. The mushrooms kinda take all the space. O_O. The cost of eating at Hai Di Lao Hot Pot depends entirely on how much do you order. I think if you come here with a lot of people, the cost per pax will be lower because everybody share the cost. Oh right, you would have to pay for an additional SGD 4 for the sauce (which you have to mix yourself but you can make your own sauce based on your favourite spices).  

Yummy Steamboat at Hai Di Lao Clarke Quay

Hai Di Lao Hot Pot is located at:

3D River Valley Road, #02-04
Clarke Quay

Opening hours:

Daily 10.30AM - 6AM


Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment