Singapore Eats: Pantler, Telok Ayer

Telok Ayer Street has always been a special street for me because I used to work right at the end of the corner of the street. Everyday's lunch adventure is filled with hang out memories with colleagues at one of the restaurants/ cafe or even Amoy Street Food Court as it is just one cross away from our office desk. Hahaha. 


Having moved to another building, I only visited Telok Ayer occasionally whenever I met up with my ex-colleagues or when I want to have a cafe-date on weekend. This time around, one of my high school buddies wanted to try out Pantler, one of the cafes situated at Telok Ayer street. 


Singapore Eats: Pantler, Telok Ayer

Pantler is a patisserie/ cake speciality shop. It offers patisserie items like butter croissant, chocolate and almond croissant and assorted tarts. 

Croissants and tarts from Pantler Telok Ayer

Pantler also serves a variety of cakes. Some of the cakes are so popular they were already sold out when we reached Pantler around 4PM-ish on a Saturday. 

Cake choices from Pantler at Telok Ayer

We ordered two slices of cakes to go with our coffee fix. The cakes look good in appearance. Let's hope they taste as good as they look.

Sliced cakes from Pantler Telok Ayer

This chocolate hazelnut layered cake is called The Yatsura (SGD 8.50) and it is one of Pantler's signature cakes. Taste not bad, the hazelnut has crunchy texture but it does not really have the wow factor either.  

The Yatsura from Pantler Telok Ayer

The round cake is suitable for those who loves sour-ish cakes because it's infused with citrus and hence, the name, Citron Blanc (SGD  8.50). It's more of a tart than cake and it made me realise that I prefer my cake to be sweet to sour. Hahaha. 

Citron Blanc from Pantler Telok Ayer

Thank goodness I ordered matcha latte to go with the cakes. The sweet flavor of green tea kinda make my taste bud balanced after I grab a bite of the Citron Blanc. Hahaha. 

Matcha latte from Pantler Telok Ayer

While the cakes are so so in my opinion, Pantler provides a cozy atmosphere if you want to have a long chat with your friends.

Pantler is located at: 

198 Telok Ayer Street, Singapore

Opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 8.30AM - 7PM
Saturday: 10.30AM - 5.30PM

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment