Singapore Eats: Cafe & Meal Muji, Raffles City

"Look at the stars, look how they shine for you and everything you do. It was all yellow."

It's 5 days to the first Coldplay concert I'm gonna attend in my whole life. Awwwwww! Watching Coldplay live has always been in my bucket list since forever (okay maybe not forever but definitely since the release of their latest album A Head Full of Dream). I have been waiting for the band to revisit Singapore (the last time they visit was like 2008) and finally the band is coming again next week.  I have rewatched and rewatched Youtube video of their performance in other country and it's SO GONNA WORTH IT. #fangirlmodeon

I was in the midst of preparing myself for the concert (I'm not even the singer. LOL) when my friend dragged me out cause she wanted to eat cake at Cafe & Meal Muji. Hmmph.

Singapore Eats: Cafe Muji, Raffles City

But the Japanese cakes at Cafe & Meal Muji seem yummy so I postponed my "rehearsal" and went out with her. She became so greedy upon looking at the cakes and immediately ordered two roll cakes. I gave her a condemning glare because she's supposed to help me lose weight and look as sexy as Korean idol and we both know Korean idols don't eat cake. But her reason (i.e. Life is too short not to enjoy) seems valid so yeah here come our cakes. 

Matcha and cream roll cake from Cafe Muji

The Matcha Swiss Roll (SGD 6.90) has cream and a bit of red bean inside the roll. I love the texture of the swiss roll sold by Cafe & Meal Muji as it is not as rough as what other swiss roll can be. The matcha flavour is also not too sweet and yet not so bitter. Although I'm easy to please with anything that have matcha in it. 

Matcha azuki roll cake from Cafe Muji at Raffles City

Its yellow friend is the Yuzu Swiss Roll (SGD 6.90). Yuzu can be tricky to put inside cake because too many yuzu and the whole cake become sour while too little yuzu will make the whole yuzu taste undetected by the tastebud. We could taste the yuzu flavour in the cake without being too overwhelmed by it but I still prefer the matcha swiss roll. 

Cream roll cake from Cafe Muji at Raffles City

After filling ourselves with cakes, we went to Plaza Singapura to buy stuff and that's when we noticed that there is an Iroha Mart at the basement level of the mall. Just beside Cold Storage. 

Iroha Mart at Plaza Singapura Dhoby Ghaut

Just like what the name suggests, Iroha Mart sells a lot of Japanese food products from coffee, snacks, drinks, noodles to basically anything Japan. 

Doutor coffee beans from Iroha Mart

A lot of rice crackers, I am so tempted to grab some. 

Japanese snacks from Iroha Mart Dhoby Ghaut

Not really a big fan of Japanese drinks though. I prefer Taiwanese drinks sold at their convenience stores. Hahaha. Okay friend, please quickly grab what you want to buy so that I can go back to my "rehearsal", please. 

Japanese drinks from Iroha Mart at Plaza Singapura

Cafe & Meal Muji is located at: 

252 North Bridge Road, #02-020/022
Raffles City Shopping Centre

Opening hours: 

Daily 10AM to 9.30PM

Iroha Mart is located at

68 Orchard Road, #B2-17/18
Plaza Singapura

Opening hours: 

Daily 10AM to 10PM

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment